Damn, Mookie tagged me. Well, why not.
Seven things weird and/or unknown about me:
- When I was 8 years old, I’ve developed an allergy to cats, more or less out of the blue. Which sucked, since I had two female cats at that time, Tina and Nena. (It was the 80s, gimme a break.) We had to give them away, and my room had to be renovated, as I became nearly asthmatic due to the omnipresent cat hair. Interestingly, becoming allergic to something you had no problems with before isn’t all that uncommon. Still, not a nice experience.
- I’m one quarter Polish. My granny was from Poland.
- I have a drivers license for small tanks. I’ve had the opportunity to participate in the driving school while I was in the Army (90’s), and went with it. :) So, I own a license for “Klasse F (Voll- und Halbkettenfahrzeuge) — F2 (bis 30t)” (up to 30 metric tons). I do not, however, own an actual tank, and quite frankly, I am not even sure whether I am allowed to steer a track-laying vehicle (like a tank) outside of the military now (regulations have changed quite a bit since then).
- I had a pet rat when I was 14. My parents hated it. :)
- The first computing device that was truly my own was an Atari 800XL. Awww yeah, bitches!
- I own not five, but six pairs of original Bavarian Lederhosen in various lengths and styles. About 12 years ago, when I moved to Munich, I valiantly declared that I would never ever dress in Bavarian clothing as it just felt wrong. This, of course, led to me ending up with two pairs at my next birthday, as two circles of friends both had the same idea. Things developed from there. I came to like them, even though I very rarely wear them.
- I tend to lie when asked by others to talk about things they might not know about me. A lot, actually.
- I once met Justin Timberlake. True story.
I’d like to thank the Academy
I’d like to tag everyone who feels like participating in this crazy new meme. For example Mike or Hendrik, who would both really surprise me would they take this thing and run with it. I doubt it, but you’ll never know. So… It’s a FFA. Find the rules over at Mookie’s place.