- I was promoted. Then I lost my job. But I came to a conclusion, and found new goals. (More on this later.)
- I had planned on running 250km, then hit that goal in October, and ended up doing 400km.
- My granny passed away, and I miss her.
- My faith in the USA was partially restored (the Obama campaign and its success even gave me hope, and I don’t even “count”).
- We’re done with the bulk of the renovating of our 2nd floor. I’ve installed the floor tilings. w00t!
- I was overly surprised by a videogame — GTA IV. I’ve spent a lot of time on that one. Wonderful adult entertainment.
- I got me an iPod touch — which turns out to be a good reading device, thanks to both Instapaper Pro and Stanza.
- I’ve tried to bring Child’s Play to Germany, and failed. Oh well, it was the first round. Better luck in 2009.
- I’ve launched a few smaller projects — Twitter Twerp Scan, escaloop (which I’ve shut down a few months later) and Random.li.
- I came to love GitHub. Great site/service.
- A really good year.
I didn’t write as much as I had planned on doing, but nonetheless, here are a few of my “better” posts (subjective opinion, YMMV).
- Revelation, Twitter Edition
- Revelation, Garden Store Edition
- Der Vogel (in German)
- Going Paleolithic
- A German’s View: US Elections 2008
- Child’s Play 2008: Germany
- The Amazing Xmas Gift Ideas Machine
Have a good 2009.